Sunday, March 20, 2016

Prayers for Thursday

THURSDAY IS A BIG DEAL.

Check this out. If you've followed my blog, you have probably heard the phrase UTC or Ultimate training camp thrown around. This camp changed my life, and impacted me as a student athlete in so many ways. Saint Martin's has 3 student athletes signed up to go to camp. Soccer player's Brittany Orloski, Christian Caro, and baseball player Zach Stevenson. I wish you could see the smile on my face as I start to imagine the life changing week these friends of mine will have. Oh and side note, I was accepted to intern at the same camp. I will be there leading, riffing, and running the whole camp. I GET TO WITNESS THE JOY, PASSION, STRUGGLE, and immense victory they will have this upcoming May. 

Here's where the PRAYER REQUEST FOR THURSDAY COME IN.
Every thursday, I attend our SMU student government meetings. With the help from some friends, I was able to make AIA an official SMU official club. This allows us to advertise, and request a budget. The main reason we could use a budget, is to give students scholarships to go to camp. So in a couple days on Thursday, I will be giving my proposal to the student government officers in request for a request of about $4,000-5,000 to fund us 4 students who are going to UTC camp. The cost would cover our registration fees, airplane tickets, and even simple charges for a shuttle bus.

Not only do I want to ask for prayer, but i want to celebrate God's good work he recently did with providing students and an advisor for UTC camp. I tried to request the same amount about a month ago, but was denied because SMU only funds conferences if they have an advisor to go with them. About a month ago, after i was denied, i was pretty crushed. I worked really hard on advertising for camp, and last minute getting a couple athletes to go. I made a budget the last day before camp registration closed, i asked for help from another school's AIA budget (shoutout the Nikkita and UW's AIA) and as soon as everything was put into place, it came crashing down with no answer on how to recover. Our advisor for AIA would be traveling to nationals with out track team and could not make it. Now with the help of a couple prayer warriors who to only pray for me, but pray for AIA at SMU continually prayed for God to open some doors. That's when I've never been so thankful for someone to ease drop on a phone conversation. I was talking to out advisor about how there's just no more options to get funding, and my boss at the gym overheard my conversation and suggested ways to get money. I had to explain to him that there was no way to get funding, because we needed an adult advisor. "I'll go" was his next answer. How cool is that? The struggle went from 100-0 with someone simply eavesdropping. And that is the shoutout i have to give to God for being faithful for chasing after what he wants.

These lives of the four of us are going to be changed because of this camp. Getting funded by the school to cover majority of the cost of this trip will be an absolute blessing. If you could please join me these next couple days to pray that God will take control of the approval of this budget request. God is continue to slowly move mountains. Slowly but surely. And this would be a mountain that would effect more then just the four of us going to camp.

Thanks everyone <3

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."
-1 John 5:14

-Abigale McFaul
Smu AIA President
Lover of Jesus
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

  












No comments:

Post a Comment